Are you thinking of creating your own e-commerce site? Are you an entrepreneur or merchant and want to put your brand/company website online? Want to start your own blog? Whatever your website creation project, any website must be hosted on a server in order to be able to be viewed on the Internet by Internet users. Here are some tips for choosing the right type of web hosting.
Web Hosting: What Is It?
Web hosting consists of storing the data of a website on a particular server. The owners of these servers are called web hosts. They offer companies to rent or buy storage space on their servers.
Types of web hosting
Today, there are 4 types of web hosting:
- Shared hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- VPS hosting
- Cloud hosting
Whatever type of web hosting you’re looking for, you’ll be sure to find it on GoDaddy. To get some much needed discount on your purchase, use the latest GoDaddy coupons.
Shared hosting consists of sharing a single server with several websites. Server resources are therefore shared.
- This type of web hosting is the most economical of all.
- This type of web hosting is easy to configure, use and monitor, even for novices thanks to the cPanel and the many tools made available by the hosts.
• You share a single server with several other websites, which can affect the performance of your website.
• This type of hosting is not suitable for high traffic sites.
• It is not possible for advanced users to customize the configuration of their web server.
When to opt for shared hosting?
Shared hosting is particularly suitable for:
- Showcase sites that have a monthly traffic of less than 50,000.
- Blogs that have insignificant website traffic.
- Small online stores with few products and little traffic.
Dedicated hosting is used to host the data from a single site on a single server. Here, the server’s resources are dedicated to a site.
- This type of hosting is suitable for all sites including those with high traffic.
- This type of hosting allows you to fully customize the server configuration.
- Opting for a dedicated server improves the performance of your website.
- Choosing a dedicated server makes it easier to secure your website and associated data (with the help of a competent professional).
- Renting a dedicated server is one of the most expensive hosting solutions for a business.
- The configuration and management of a dedicated server requires a good knowledge of system administration.
- There is limited disk space and memory.
- There is no way to easily add more power to a dedicated server without replacing the hardware.
When to opt for dedicated hosting?
Dedicated hosting is particularly recommended for:
- All sites, including those with high traffic, and those who wish to configure their server.
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting is a hybrid system halfway between shared hosting and dedicated hosting. VPS consists of creating several virtual servers on the same real server, via virtualization software technologies, which can be restarted independently and evolve on separate operating systems.
- VPS hosting offers good value for money.
- It is possible to adapt your virtual server according to your real needs.
- You can install and configure your VPS, restart or stop your server whenever you want.
- VPS hosting requires a good knowledge of system administration.
When to choose a VPS hosting?
VPS hosting is particularly recommended for:
- Advanced users who want to enjoy good performance without having to opt for a dedicated server.
- Medium-sized online stores, community sites with many users or even high traffic showcase sites and blogs.
Unlike shared hosting, dedicated hosting and VPS hosting, cloud hosting does not rely on one server but on a multitude of servers and the customer pays for what they really use, which allows for flexibility.
- Cloud hosting is the most flexible hosting method.
- The user pays for what he actually uses.
- Cloud hosting allows sites to support large variations in bandwidth requirements.
- Cloud hosting implies that the data is hosted outside the company, so it should be ensured that the provider is putting everything in place to secure this data.
When to choose cloud hosting?
• Any business can decide to go with cloud hosting.
• It is particularly suitable for companies that plan to grow quickly and want to obtain a flexible hosting solution.
As you have seen, there are different types of internet hosting on the market. Each has advantages and disadvantages. For example, VPS hosting is the most efficient on the market, with flexibility and very attractive prices. However, it requires a fairly extensive knowledge in the field for optimal use.
So, all you have to do is weigh in on the pros and cons of each type of internet hosting depending on the nature of your project, your budget or even your knowledge in the field.