Being a high-performance athlete takes a lot of dedication and hard work. There are no shortcuts to getting the perfect body however there are some exercises that are practiced by every athlete in order to stay in shape.
These are some exercises that are easy to do and can be done at any regular gym, while some like water aerobic classes need a special place. An athlete can be involved in a sport that calls for endurance, strength, or even flexibility but they are highly likely to do these 5 simple exercises on a regular basis.
In this article, we will be listing the top 5 most commonly used exercises by athletes in order to stay fit all around the year.
Top 5 Exercises Performed By Professional Athletes:
If you want to stay fit on a daily basis then this is your time to start making a habit of practicing these exercises regularly. All these exercises put together will provide you with power, strength, stamina, flexibility, and conditioning. These exercises are not at all hard so you can easily take time off of your daily routine and perform these,
1. One-arm cable row – The perfect exercise that hits the back, biceps, obliques, and the core. It is a pulling exercise and is done by standing in front of the cable stack while facing the equipment and then pulling the rope with one hand. During this motion, the body will twist in the opposite direction to the hand which is being used. 3 sets with 10 reps are the recommended amount.
2. Sled push – This pushing exercise hits the quads, glutes, calves, and hamstrings thus mostly the lower part of the body. The sled is fitted with weights as per preference and then grab the handle and lean over the weights while pushing the sled across a horizontal surface as fast as you can. 6 – 8 forty-yard sled push with intermediate rests is recommended.
3. Medicine ball toss – Weighted medicine ball throws are great for quads, glutes, shoulders, and triceps making it a whole-body exercise aimed at improving the power of an athlete. This is best done in an open space where the medicine ball is thrown against the wall and then caught on its bounce back. A 10 – 15 pound medicine ball toss for 6 reps for each 4 to 5 sets will do the task.
4. Dumbbell clean and press – Aimed at developing the shoulder, triceps, and biceps these form the perfect exercise for bulking up your arms. A dumbbell of preferred weight has to be lifted above the shoulder and then extend the arms to lift the dumbbells all the way up and then release them back to the original position. Repetition of 3 sets with 10 per arm is recommended.
5. Water endurance classes – Water aerobics classes are best suited for increasing endurance power and are the only exercise without using any weights. Take membership at your nearest water aerobics classes professionals and start shredding.
The list of exercises mentioned above will help you get back to your best physical form in no time. You can enjoy a healthy lifestyle by just devoting a small part of your day to fitness on a daily basis.