Link building is not a one-size-fits-all process. A particular way of doing it is not suitable for everyone. In the same vein, there is no golden ticket that will have you generating hundreds of backlinks by the following week.
There are, however, a few steps you can take to increase your chances of building backlinks. Start with these five steps to create a successful link building strategy, then change them to meet your specifications.
Learn About Your Audience
Identifying your current and ideal audience is key to attracting more people to your website. In doing so, you will maintain and expand your existing ones and reach new ones interested in your offer. Research your audience to understand them better. By determining them, you can decide if you’re getting them and how well you’re reaching them.
For instance, a company might begin with an audience. Their goal may be to broaden them while retaining their initial ones. Therefore, they could tailor their content to meet the needs of this more broad audience. They might also have to get links from other websites to reach their new audience.
Examine Your Current Content
The next step is to approach content marketing from a content marketer’s perspective. Link building is impossible without knowing what you want people to link. It would help if you focused on specific content instead of your home page. It is the perfect time to audit your existing content on your site.
For instance, this will allow you to:
- Find high-quality posts or products that other sites may want to link. List your best content as you go so you know what you need to improve.
- Identify any content that has the potential to be great but needs a little refinement. A few tweaks can make a so-so article into a target for quality backlinks.
- Try to find “gaps” to create new content. Perhaps you haven’t written about some topics or information other sites would find interesting, but you think they’d like to link.
It is natural to improve and expand your content after you audit it. Building links becomes much easier with high-quality content. Furthermore, Getmentioned provides a done-for-you service that will examine your current content and handle all your link building needs.
Create Quality Content
Your content must attract other websites to link to yours, so you must create quality content. In practice, it’s more complicated than it sounds. Consider what your audience will find interesting, what they want to learn, and what makes you unique. You don’t have to tell them how great your product or service is and why they should purchase it.
Answer your audience’s questions or solve their problems with content. The more information you give them, the more trust you’ll build and the more links you’ll receive, as other sites will recognize your value. Your content should also be readable. Be sure to write your articles and pages well.
Begin Your Outreach
A website can link to your content if you ask them to do so. A careful approach to this practice can lead to great success. You may even develop mutually beneficial relationships with other relevant websites.
Although each person’s strategy will differ, here are some essential tips and tricks:
- Contact highly relevant sites. Here, you will use all the research you conducted back in the first step. The more relevant the content and audience of your site are to them, the more likely they will welcome your request.
- Provide specific content for them to link. You shouldn’t simply email blogs and ask for them. Rather than requesting links to available content, use your content audit findings to identify specific pages and posts you would like to publish.
- Provide specific suggestions for where you can place your links. The target site will be more likely to accept the request if you have done your research. Alternatively, you can replace an existing link with better content or propose a new one.
Assess Your Link Building Initiatives
Running an effective link-building campaign should be easy if you follow the above steps. You should, however, measure your effectiveness as with any other digital marketing tactic. Your efforts will be in vain unless you know if they are working or if you need to adjust your approach.
It can be challenging to monitor backlinks manually. You’re better off using an analytics tool. Most backlink analysis solutions will promptly provide you with all the necessary information.
You need to build links if you want your website to receive more traffic and attract more visitors. A comprehensive link-building strategy helps you get relevant websites to share your content. You will need time to master this method, which is affordable, cost-effective, and highly trackable.