Hearing the term ‘routine’ always brings a bitter taste to our mouths. Especially if you are not someone who is a big fan of rules. However, a night routine is not exactly a protocol you need to follow.
Rather, it is a time of relaxation where you simply take some time out and spend time with yourself. This is the ultimate form of self-care, where you write down your thoughts, attend to your skin, and plan the day for tomorrow.
There is so much you can do before you finally hit the bed!
Plus, it is so much better than getting glued to Netflix all day or watching something mindlessly. So, without any further adieu, let’s get into your night routine.
20 Relaxing Things To Do Before You Hit The Bed
Here are twenty things you can do, and they are so much better than not doing anything and simply stumbling to bed without doing anything.
- Disconnect yourself from the outside world. Put your phone in aeroplane mode.
- Put on some relaxing music. You do not have to use Spotify with all the irritating ads. Download your music for free from proxy-rarbg, and make a playlist.
- Start your skin routine, and take time with yourself.
- Take a long warm shower and wash away all the stress from your body.
- Get into some very comfortable, loose clothes.
- Either cook or arrange something into a healthy, nutritious dinner. Do not forget to make it healthy.
- Have a long tall glass of water to hydrate yourself.
- Pour yourself a glass of wine if you drink and enjoy it while dancing in your kitchen.
- You can watch something while having your dinner, but ensure that you do not start binging. A good way would be to download two episodes only from the series you are watching and watch them offline. Use the link given above to download it.
- Post dinner, get your dishes done.
- If you have some laundry work, the night is a peaceful time to get it done. Plus, the sound of laundry is very relaxing. Try it!
- Have you always complained that you do not have enough time to read your book? Well, here is your time. Pick the book catching dust on your shelf, and start reading. Even if it is thirty minutes, it is enough.
- Practice mindfulness. Close off everything and simply sit motionless to take in everything which is going around, all the sounds and sensations. Do this for at least ten minutes every day.
- Go for a walk. You do not have to indulge in too much physical exercise now. But, you can go for a walk and enjoy the nightlife. If you live in a city, then go somewhere which is not too noisy.
- Return home and change into your night suit.
- Freshen up, brush your teeth, and get all the bathroom business done because now you are ready for bed.
- Hop onto your bed, but do not fall asleep immediately. Get under the covers.
- Practise five minutes of gratitude. Either write it down in a gratitude journal or think about five things you are grateful for and what gives you the happiness to wake up the next time.
- Practice five minutes of meditation or simply breathe in and breathe out.
- Put off your alarm, have some water and bid goodnight to the world.
Why You Need This!
This might look like a big job. However, when you start to practice it daily, it will all fall one after the other without much effort.
You need this for the following reason:
- Give time to yourself and not boil your life down to being a worker in the workplace.
- To take care of your body and mind.
- To ensure good nutrients are reaching the body by the end of the day.
- To catch up on your long list of reading.
- To practice less usage of technology and not be a creature on the internet.
- To prevent late-night binging, entertainment and eating.
Overall it will help you lead a much healthier and more mindful life, where you are aware of what you are doing.