What are the Steps for the Canon Pixma MG3500 Wireless Setup?
Canon is one of the top printer manufacturing industries. It offers various small and big-sized printers to the user. You can select the printer type depending on your requirements. Canon Pixma mg3500 is one of the best models for home as well as office use. The printing quality of this printer is also excellent. You can take printouts of different sizes easily. The interface of the Canon printer mg3500 is very simple. You can easily access all the features of your printer. This printer is compatible with various devices like PCs, Mac, and phone devices. You can connect the printer using a cable or wirelessly. The Canon mg3500 wireless setup is very simple. After the wireless installation, you can use the Canon printer from any device. You can also connect the printer to Wi-Fi. After connection, the user can access the printer from all devices on the same network.
How to connect Canon mg3500 printer to Wifi using WPS?
For Canon Pixma 3500 wireless setup, the user requires a WPS setup. But the printer will only connect if the router has a physical WPS push button. The network should be WPA protected for the printer connection. If the router has a WPS push button then you can start Canon mg 3500 setup.
How do I connect my canon printer to wifi?
- Turn on your Canon Pixma mg3500 printer
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button
- The printer’s alarm lamp will flash
- Wi-Fi lamp will start blinking to search the network
- Check the printer screen and you will get a list of available networks
- Select the network and enter the network pin
- After connection, the lamp will remain lit. Now the printer has connected to the Wi-Fi successfully.
You can check the printer’s network configuration to ensure that the device is connected correctly or not. Load pages on the printer’s input tray. Now hold and press the Cancel button for a while. A message appears and the network information page will get printed. On the printout, check the Connection and SSID. When all the details are correct then your printer is connected.
Install the driver to complete Canon 3500 wireless setup
After setting the printer to the network, you have to install the driver. This driver allows the system to access your printer. You have to install this driver on all the devices you want to connect with the printer. Every printer model has a different driver. Your printer software for other Canon models won’t work. Also, you have installed different drivers for different OS platforms. For devices with disc drives, you can use the printer CD for the driver. Otherwise, you can directly get the Canon software from the internet. Open the Canon website and search for the correct driver. Download Canon Pixma 3500 setup on the device. After the driver installation, add the device to the same network as the Canon printer. Now try to add the Canon printer wirelessly. After the connection, you can take your printouts easily.
How to connect Canon mg3500 to Wifi using the standard method?
When the access point doesn’t have a WPS function then you try the standard method for Canon mg3500 set up. This process is long but allows the user to connect the printer to the network. For this method, the user has to download the Canon printer software.
- Open the Canon setup file and tap on the Run button
- On the initial screen, select the Next button
- On Mac device, you may have to enter the admin password
- Select Next screen and network connection screen will appear
- Choose Wireless connection option
- Ensure that your Canon Pixma device is turned on
- Hit on the Connect to the network option
- Choose Cableless setup
- The Wi-Fi lamp will start blinking
- Select the place of residence
- Choose the country and hit the next button
- License agreement page will appear
- Choose the Yes button and hit on Next
- You will see a setup wizard on the screen
Check for the printer connection details on the screen. Your Canon printer is not connected to Wi-Fi. If you want to add your printer to a device, search the printer on WiFi. Now you can take printouts from all devices on that network.
Steps to connect Canon Pixma 3500 to Android phone
You can also connect the phone directly to the printer. When you don’t have any router then use the Wi-Fi direct method for connection. Your Android device must have printer compatibility. Go to your phone and click on the About Phone option. Check the OS version and then start the printer setup.
- Open the Google Play store
- Search for Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY application
- Install the application on your device
- After installation, enable your Wi-Fi button
- On the printer, load pages and check the ink level
- Go to the printer setting screen
- Tap on the menu button
- Use arrow buttons and hit on the Wi-Fi settings option
- Tap on Connection settings and hit on OK
- You will see the printer name and select OK
- The user can also rename the printer name
- Now use arrow keys and choose Direct Connection on the connection method page
- You will get the printer details on the screen
- Again, go to the phone device
- Check the available devices
- Choose the printer name
- Open Canon application on your phone
- Select Register printer button
- After connection, go to the Photo print option
- Select the photo to print
- The print screen will appear on the phone
- Select Change settings if you want to make any changes
- Hit the Print button and your Canon printer will start printing your photo.
What to do when the Canon 3500 wireless setup is failing?
Many users reported that they are unable to set the Canon printer on the network. This error mainly appears when the network is secured with a firewall. The firewall actively monitors all the data traffic and connection requested. Many times, the firewall mistakenly suspects the printer connection is malicious. If the firewall is restricting the connection then disable it. Disable the personal or inbuilt firewall on the network. Now resend the Canon printer connection request. The printer will get connected and you can take your printouts wirelessly.