How to Connect Canon MG3600, MG3620, MG3022, MG2922 Printer to Wifi Using the Standard Method?
Canon is a famous Japanese industry known for manufacturing imaging gadgets. For hardware, Canon manufactures various printer devices. For home uses, you can get a Canon MG3620 inkjet printer. You can connect Canon pixma printer to wifi and then share it with other home devices. To connect Canon MG3600 to wifi, you can use the WPS method. Printer can be connected with a standard method but it is quite long. If you see the physical WPS pin on the router then you don’t need the standard method. Your WPS will allow Canon MG2922 connect to wifi directly.
How do I connect my Canon MG3620 printer to wifi?
To connect the printer to the network using WPS, check the router. It must provide a physical WPS pin and be secured with WPA. Connecting the printer to a secured network ensures that only reliable people can access it. You should prepare the Canon printer for Wi-Fi and then start configuring it to the network.
How to connect Canon Pixma printer to wifi?
- Press the Wi-Fi button of the Canon device
- Go to Canon printer settings and click on the Device settings option
- Use the arrow key and go to the LAN settings
- Open the LAN settings and then hit on Wireless LAN settings option
- The Wi-Fi lamp of the printer will blink to search the network
If the printer can’t find the network then hit the Stop button and then go to Wireless LAN settings. Select the OK button and then you will get the Wi-Fi network. When your printer finds the network, enter the WPS password and hit the OK button. After entering the correct password, the Canon Pixma MX492 wifi setup will be complete. When your network is open, the network won’t ask for any password. Printer may get connected to another open network. After the Canon Pixma MG2922 connect to wifi, inspect the network. You can check the connected network by printing the network configuration page. Users can easily get that printout by pressing the Cancel button of the Canon printer until it flashes 15 times. Now you have to check the printout and read the SSID and connection status. When all details to connect Canon MG3620 to wifi is correct then you can proceed with driver installation.
Install the driver for connecting Canon MG3600 printer to wifi
After you connect the Canon device to the network, you need to check for the driver. Installing the driver is necessary as it communicates with the printer. Go to the devices which are on the same network. For devices with disc drives, use a CD to copy the setup. For other devices, users can find the setup on Canon’s website.
- Open PC and connect to the web
- Open Canon printer website
- Click on the drivers and search for your printer driver
- Check the driver resource requirements and tap on the download button
- Open the system’s download page and run the setup
After installing the driver, open the document on the system and then search for the Canon printer. The user has to enter the Canon mg3022 wifi password. Give the command and your Canon printer will start printing the documents.
How to connect MG3600 to wifi using the standard method?
When the user doesn’t have the WPS pin then the connection is possible using the standard connection method. For this method, you will require a PC that is connected to the network. Now get the printer driver on that device from the CD or web. Once you get the driver, you can configure it to network while installing it.
- Run Canon printer software and tap on Next
- You will get a connection type wizard asking for a USB or wireless connection
- Select wireless connection option from the wizard
- Your Canon printer must be open and the Wi-Fi lamp should be blinking
- Hit on Connect to the network option
- Tap on the cableless setup option and you will get a cableless wizard
- When the cableless wizard appears, press the Wi-Fi button and the lamp should flash twice
- Canon printer’s power lamp will be lit and Wi-Fi lamp will blink
- Choose Wireless Setup Using the USB cable
- Now the user will get the printer’s location wizard
- Choose the place of residence correctly
- Select your country and tap on Next
- The user has to choose the language
- Canon’s License Agreement page will appear
- Read Canon’s license and then hit on the Yes option
- Select the Allow button
- Check the desktop for the printer name
- A wizard will show the printer model name and SSID
Tap on the Complete button and the Canon MG3600 wifi setup is complete.
What to do when the Canon MG3600 not connecting?
Your Canon printer can deal with connection issues due to numerous reasons. Users should inspect both the printer and PC for the error.
WPS pin is not working
If the router’s WPS pin is not working then the Canon printer won t connect to wifi. This pin allows other gadgets to connect with the network easily. But if the pin is not working your Canon printer will show errors. Try connecting another device with WPS. If the WPS pin is not connecting to any device then you have to connect the printer using the standard method only.
Run printer troubleshooter
When Canon shows a connection error, run the troubleshooter. If the connection error is occurring due to some PC files, the troubleshooter will inspect them and repair them automatically. Open the computer and navigate to Update and Security. Now select the troubleshooter tab and then hit on Printer. When the user runs the tool and resolves the error. After running this tool, if the Canon MG3600 not printing then try other solutions.
Reset Canon printer
If the user has configured the printer wrongly then he needs to rest it. Go to your printer and then reset it to the factory default. Click on Device settings. Go to the Reset settings tab and choose the Reset All option. Select OK and the Canon printer will be reset. Now, ask Canon technical team for configuring the printer.
How to Fix a Canon Printer Error Code b203 Manually?
What are the Steps for the Canon Pixma MG3500 Wireless Setup?
What to do When a Canon Printer Says Offline?