How to Resolve Bitdefender Update Failed Error 1002?
Bitdefender antivirus is one of the most popular antivirus programs which are preferred by most of the computer users. It provides various tools and services that work excellently while securing the device. The interface of Bitdefender antivirus is quite simple; any person can use the antivirus very easily. Bitdefender provides a robust service; you merely get errors while using Bitdefender errors. But you can’t predict run-time errors such as Bitdefender update failed. You can get updating errors due to low hard disk space, slow internet access or software confliction. Run-time errors occur due to some issues or corruption is the device files or network.
What can cause Bitdefender Error Code 1002?
You can encounter with error 1002 anytime like while you are running a program, or during installation Bitdefender. Any small error in the device can lead to Bitdefender error 1002 error. People also reported that this error appears in the machine after making some changes in the system. The malware infection can also create conflict in running Bitdefender antivirus. The run-time errors can encounter anytime due to any reason. You can’t predict the exact cause of this error. It can occur due to any software issue, corrupted registries, incomplete installation etc. You can also get the Bitdefender Update Failed Error 1002 due to any recent changes in the system. If this is the case, then undoing the settings can resolve this error.
Symptoms you may get while dealing with Bitdefender does not update automatically issue:
- Error 1002 pop-up will repeatedly appear on the screen
- The running program crashes, and you will face the same situation while trying to run the program again
- Windows tools will start running slowly, and your device may begin rebooting itself
- Your device may encounter with regular crushes and freezes.
How to fix error 1002?
There is not a fix cause of run-time error; trying some necessary fixes can be helpful.
Update the PC drivers
Outdated PC drivers can be a cause of Bitdefender install error. Update the device drivers of the systems to resolve this error. Most of the device drivers get updated automatically. But due to any reasons, the drivers unable to get updates. You have to update the device drivers manually to resolve Bitdefender removal and have finished with errors. Follow the steps given below for updating the device drivers:
- Go to start menu
- Search for device manager
- From device manager, click on update driver
- If the device driver gets corrupted, then reinstalling the device driver can be helpful.
- Click on device manager
- Right-click on the icon and hit the uninstall button
- Restart your device
- Reinstall the driver
Scan your device
A malware attack can be a potential reason for this error. Scanning the device can help to fix the error. Follow the given steps:
- Hit the start menu
- Enter command
- Press ctrl and shift keys together
- Hit the enter button
- Tap yes in the dialog box
- Type sfc/scannow in the command prompt
- The system file checker tool will start scanning the files
- Follow the on-screen commands
- Restart your device and check whether the error gets fixed or not.
Try repairing your registry entries
Bitdefender update failed error 1002 can also occur when your system’s registry files get corrupted. These registry files can get corrupted due to various reasons. But once they get corrupt, they can harm other processes. So, if you are suspecting that your registry files are corrupted then you must repair them immediately. But asking for technical help is a better option because repairing registry entries is not an easy task. If you have technical knowledge then you can edit those files but if you don’t then you should contact the technical team for help. If you are from a technical background and want to edit the registry entries then you should get the backup key first. Here are the simple steps for creating a backup key for McAfee:
- Open your PC and click on the Start button
- Go to the search bar and type command
- Hold Ctrl and Shift button
- Press Enter button
- A permission popup (asking for making changes) will appear on the screen
- Click on Yes button
- You will be redirected to command screen (black screen with blinking cursor)
- Type regedit on the command screen
- Hit the Yes button
The registry editor will get open on the screen. Now choose Bitdefender error 1002 related key and click on the export button. Save the file as a Bitdefender antivirus backup file with .reg extension. Save the file on the desktop so you can easily get it when required. After you get the backup file, you can proceed to edit your registry files. Repair the registry files carefully because one small mistake can harm other processes of your computer. After editing the file; check whether your Bitdefender Update error 1002 gets troubleshooted or not.
Check for Windows files corruptions
Not only registry files but Windows files can also get you into various issues. There is no time for Windows files corruption as they were working fine and just got corrupted the next second. But Windows OS also provides an inbuilt tool for restoring all the corruptions related to Windows files. Use this tool and check whether update failed error 1002 Bitdefender issue got troubleshooted or not. Use the steps given below for repairing Windows files:
- Open Windows PC and click on your Windows start button
- Type command on the search bar
- Hold Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously
- Press the Enter button
- You will get a permission popup on your screen
- Read the prompt and click on Yes button
- Your screen will get redirected to command page
Type sfc/scannow on the black screen and hit the Enter button. The System File Checker tool of Windows OS will appear on the screen. This tool will review all the Windows files and then check for corruption. If the tool finds any corrupted Windows file then it restores the file immediately. After restoring all the Windows corruptions, you will get a report on the screen. Check the report and then close the window. Now try to update Bitdefender and check whether your error 1002 got resolved or not.
Sometimes error 1002 Bitdefender can also occur when your device accumulated lots of junk files. Remove all the junk from your Windows PC such as temporary files, history files, cookies, caches, etc and then try to update your Bitdefender antivirus.
You can also try updating Windows, removing junk files, repairing registry files or reinstalling Bitdefender in your device.