How to Reset HP Printer Password?
HP manufactures a wide range of printers for the home users as well as for the business enterprises. HP offers various types of wireless and multi-functional printers. Like other devices, network printers are also vulnerable to hacking. To prevent the printer device from hacking, you can secure your printer by using a password. Whenever any device tries to connect with your printer; it has to provide the correct credentials. If not entered, then your printer won’t connect with the device. This device provides the default HP printer password. You must reset HP printer default admin password to ensure that you can access your printer device. Whenever you install your HP printer on your device then immediately go for HP printer password reset and then try a test printout.
How do I reset my password on my HP Printer?
After installing the printer on your device, you can follow the given steps for reset the HP wireless printer password:
- Open your HP printer
- Go to the Home menu on your printer
- Click on the Setup button
- Hit the Network button
- Go to the drop-down menu
- Scroll down and then go Restore Network Defaults
- Hit the Restore Network Defaults button
- Now press the Next button
- The restoration process will take some time
- Wait for a while until your default setting get completely restored
- Now go to Control Panel
- Press Windows and R keys from the keyboard
- Go to the Control Panel
- Navigate to Devices and Printers
- Go to HP printer icon
- Right-click on wireless Hp printer option
- Hit the Properties button
- Tap the Password icon
Now enter the new password. Re-enter the password and then press the Save the Changes button. Now check whether the HP printer admin password reset process gets completed or not.
How to find your printer’s password?
You can find the password on the router. Whenever you use the internet service, the IPS provides a network password to you. You can find the password on your wireless router in your ISP. The password will be named as Wireless key, WPA2 password, security password, etc. Follow the steps for finding the password on your Windows device:
- Go to the wireless tray icon
- Right-click on the wireless network tray
- Press the Open Network and Sharing Center
- Hit the Change Adapter Settings
- Now right-click on the wireless network
- Go to the Status
- Hit on the Status button
- Select the Wireless Properties
Now tap the security tab and then choose Show characters and check the wireless network security key. If you are unable to see the password then contact the ISP.
How to reset password on a HP Printer?
You can reset your printer password multiple times. Whenever you inspect any hacking practice on the printer then you should immediately reset your HP printer password. Resetting your password once a month prevents your device from hacking issues. You can follow the steps mentioned below resetting the HP printer password:
- Go to the home screen of HP printer
- Now press the right arrow button
- Choose Setup option from the list
- Select Network submenu from the drop-down menu
- Click on Restore Network Defaults
- A confirmation box will appear on the screen
- Click on Yes button
- Now navigate to the Control Panel
- Go to the Devices and Printers
- A list of all the devices will appear on the screen
- Right-click on your HP printer icon
- Go to the Properties
- Click on the Password section
- A enter your password
Now enter the new password on the given box. Re-enter the password and then press the Save button. Check whether the default password for HP printer gets reset or not.
You may also get issues while resetting the password if your printer driver is outdated. Making any kind of changes in outdated drivers is very difficult. Go to the printer driver and check for the updates. If your driver is outdated then download the latest update from HP website. Search for the update of your printer model. If you are unable to find the exact update then you use the driver update tool. Check your device specifications and then install a compatible driver update tool. Now install and run the tool on your PC. Along with your printer driver, the driver update tool will update all the outdated drivers available on your PC. Now try to reset the password, if you are still facing issues then you should ask the HP printer technical team for help.