The pace of modern city life is fast and that can mean leading a lifestyle that is far from healthy; if time is of the essence, it is easy to grab a hamburger and fries, or a pizza on the move and while that’s fine now and then, it should be a daily experience.
Here are a few ways that you can enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
1. Fresh Organic Produce to your Door – Simply type ‘fruit & veg suppliers Melbourne’ into Google’s search window and you can order for a week and your order will be delivered to your door. The supplier visits all the major wholesale fruit & veg markets to pick the very best items on your list and prices are affordable; plus you are eating fresh, organic produce, which is very beneficial to your health.
2. Buy a Stainless Steel Water Bottle – This ingenious product can be used for hot or cold drinks and with amazing insulation, your drink stays at the optimum temperature all day. We all need to drink 6-8 glasses per day and having a portable water bottle ensures you are never dehydrated. Whether you’re a housewife or sales rep, carrying a water bottle makes sense, especially in the hot summer months.
3. Mental Health Check Up – You can carry out a ‘check up from the neck up’ and assess your own mental health. Ask yourself whether or not you are sleeping well, how about your weight? Is there anything major bothering you? Do you have money issues? How is your relationship going? Be honest with yourself and draw up a list of things that come to mind when thinking about mental health.
4. Get on your Bike – If you don’t own a bicycle, order a state-of-the-art mountain bike online prices start at around $200 and go into the thousands, if you want a carbon fibre frame and wheels. Riding to work is a real game-changer, while you can explore the natural surroundings riding local trails. Early morning bike rides make for the perfect start to the day and this works out all the major muscle groups – why not get the family on two wheels? Buy a bike rack for the SUV and you can spend the day enjoying local biking trails. Click here for tips to strengthen your heart.
5. Mobile Apps for Health – Check out the many mobile health & fitness apps available for download on Play Store; whether you want to keep track of the calories you consume or you are worried about high blood pressure, there are some free health & fitness mobile apps you can enjoy. Choose iOS or Android, click on download and you’re good to go!
We can all tweak our routines to make our lifestyle a little healthier and let’s not forget mental health, which is as important now as it ever was. Take time out to enjoy the small things in life and in the words of Bob Marley, “Don’t worry, be happy’.